The Future of Global Commerce
The Internet is the most profound change in human communication
since the invention of the printing press.
This website describes the dramatic changes occurring in the field of Internet communications and commerce. We can witness the grand sweep of trade in the city marketplace for millennia through time to a global community of positive thinkers and creative builders.
From the symmetrical beauty of the Hellenic mind as depicted in the restored Stoa of Attica in the Agora at Athens, Greece (a building where trade and philosophy took place), to the journalistic art of hand-press printing, right up to power and scope of global commerce through the World Wide Web.
The Historical Change of Communication
- Communicating socially or and trading commercially has not changed this radically since an pre-historic farmer held up an ear of corn to trade with a buyer.
- Communications in the past was person to person, then paper to person in the Fifteenth Century with the invention of movable type, then the Nineteenth Century gave us the telegraph and Morse Code; after that during the Twentieth Century we talked business using the Bell Telephone.
- The phenomenon of the telephone helped business grow, by means of a more personal touch.
Giving commerce a sense of immediacy, a phone call was the next best thing to being there.
- But now, with the more complex and comprehensive nature of business, the Twenty-first Century relies on the Internet to cement deals and contracts together as never before.
- How fortunate we are now, to be in the right place at right time; and this is just the beginning of a worldwide phenomenon.
A New Wave of Commerce
- It's not very often that an entrepreneur finds himself or herself position at the start of a new wave.
- Think of the early development of the airplane, automobile, train or even the advent of the grand ocean liner. All these can be obviated by, and are under threat of obsolete by social interactions over the Internet.
- To gain a perspective on the importance of all this, ask yourself a simple question, of what use is a computer? It is really only a sophisticated pencil. You guide it and make it work for your own purposes. Without your input and interpretation of its output, it is the equivalent of a door stop.
- Let's examine a few of the Internet's phenomenal capabilities, and then use your browser's back button to continue your quest for success on this page.
- Online Net-working - decide what works for you: A relaxed, information- and innovation-based networking arrangement where you communicate and interact with your establishment's
co-workers while dressed in your lounge wear at home, or a more brick-and mortar corporate structure with traditional trappings and work arrangements.
- Hire or Build a Business - making decisions on contracting out business functions or handling those tasks in-house can be a daunting challenge but fitting your personal work style into a business model that produce results without too much difficulties goes a long way toward ensuring the longevity of your enterprise.
- Viral Marketing - where sharing your website with thousands of other entrepreneurs can bring in sales beyond measure.
- Online communities, such as the following list of top spots, which are provided as examples:
- Google + - a comprehensive networking system based on your Google account, and providing special benefits for publicizing your business and online presence
- Scribd - a great site for books and other downloadable material.
- Facebook where you can make new acquaintances in a safe friendly Internet atmosphere.
- YouTube, which has the capability to post your most creative activities in videos.
- Twitter, is the Internet equivalent of talking over your back yard fence, where your current thoughts can be shared with a wide segment of the Internet. Twittering is fast and ideas flow like rivers of creativity. Your messages or Tweets are limited to 140 words or less, allowing you to distribute unique information online in a quick and open ended fashion. Twitter also enables a fast and dynamic Internet conversation.
- Online currency systems - powerful world-wide and secured by AES SHA-256 encryption.
- Bit Coins are catching on slowly in the new Internet marketplace, and are gaining value because of the finite amount of this money system (compared to national fiat currencies that can be produced and inflated by printing presses running full tilt.)
- The Bit Coin system was specified by a pseudonymous person named Satoshi Nakamoto with patent applications for related network and encryption schemes filed thereafter.
- Wikipedia provides a detailed explanation of the Bit Coin concept.
- A Bit Coin Foundation blog describes the fiduciary and legalities of Bit Coins
- For a general description and some useful links read the Bit Coin Guide on Scribd
- You might even want to take part in 'mining' Bit Coins with your computer; the Bit Coin Forum is a great place to start.
- These Internet conceptions are as powerful as their range of expression is limitless. If you tune into the ideas and interactions threading their way through these concepts, relax and let yourself go into a meditative state, then as you allow your creativity to soar, then with due diligence your creations will be amazing.
- And, now for the first secret of World Wide Web success: The new forms of social networking, as they develop into global gathering places, have become the hottest marketing tools of the Internet.
- On this website we show and provide valid links to allow you to use social networking for marketing. In order to be socially accepted within this social network milieu, one must be subtle and mention that you are experimenting with a new idea.
- It is now possible to have your own commercial web page on social media.
- Social networking is analogous to a fun-filled social gathering with light banter, your friends, family, childern and recreational activities filling the dry spots in the ambiance of the event.
- If some interest arises in your web page or latest widget, then you have a start at a productive conversation.
- Better yet join a project that helps some group promoting a cause.
- This is a total switch on the philanthropy of old, where giving some of your accomplishment away after the fact; now, you can give as you get, so to speak.
- Also, let the group 'conversation' determine your approach.
- Social acceptance, is the key to success in the 21st Century marketing.
- Donating Bit Coins is a novel way of getting noticed in this social mellieu.
- Mass marketing is fading as television, magazines and newspapers become less popular; these are quaint ways of the past.
- Even snail mail and telephone soliciting are in a state of atraphy. People value their time and privacy. Engaging with others, socializing and purchasing goods or serivces are best done on the buyers time because it is their money.
- If people in your social group like your approach, they might accept it as a good idea, then there is the possibility that they migh buy it, promote or represent through afilliate marketing.
- Social networking is a new way of doing business, but conceptually it's not so far from the 'good-old-boy network' and the gentlemen's country club method of gaining clients.
- Only now everyone can do it, and in the process we all have more fun.
- The second secret to continued success within these and other Internet endeavors is a strong perception of excellence and a commitment to unconditional customer service.
- The stakes are high these days, and low quality or even a hint of poor customer service will get that company or entrepreneur quickly ostrasized.
- The entrepreneur who gets the right training, in this newest form of commerce can make his or her efforts far more lucrative than just hit or miss attempts.
- Here are some ideas that work:
- Sample as many Internet ideas as you can at one sitting, then record your opinions and ideas.
- Imagine coming up with a new business every day.
- This might seem odd but you can have as many businesses as your wim dictates. With electronic organization, Internet cloud computing and commercial methods, running many endeavors is easy.
- Enter the highlights in your Calendar or a Word file, and then cross-reference as many possibilities as you can find that day.
- The third secret of success is to not press too hard on the first day of research and discovery; give it a rest, and look back at your magnificent collection of ideas in one or two days.
- The fourth secret key is the review process because in this you will see improvements and better ways to implement your idea with each review.
- Of course it is no secret that the mind is marvelous at creating information when left alone to ponder an idea, so use the 'sleep on it' method.
- And final secret: Set your own path, don't take no for an answer, and never give up. An answer to your dilemma, problem or minor issue could be waiting round some corner of the Web or Internet.
Time is on the side of social media marketing; it can only grow. Rome and Athens were not built in a day; so build your social marketing website right. Wade through difficulties, forget diversions; they might have worked to slow down competition in the old days but now flexibile approaches to becoming an entrepreneur means your success is assured. Do you know Athens was burnt to the ground by barbarians several times, but it was rebuilt again because it such an important center of Hellenistic life? So too, can your website be an indispensable part of your position in the new social fabric of the 21st Century.
The trick then is to analyze every thing you encounter, settle on the best you have to offer your local group and lead your group and possibly the global Internet.
Questions or comments: email@example.com
return to top